Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stealing from your own pet!

Ok, this is one of those things that you should really step back and say, "I think I might have a problem."

The veterinarian that practices just down the road from us called in a prescription for, oh, lets say 13 Lortabs. This was supposed to last Fluffy a whole month, assuming the sig on the label would be implemented properly. Fluffy apparently had some sort of surgery and was in need of some good 'ol fashioned pain relief. No big deal, we fill it, and send the script on its merry way.

Three days later we get a call from the vet's office.

ADHD: "Thanks for calling Understaffed Pharmacy, this is ADHD speaking. How may I help you?"

Vet: "Hi, I just got a call from the owner of Fluffy and he's saying he only received three pills."

ADHD : (after a flurry of ninja-like typing) "Well, I don't see any notes that show we had to partial them...oh was it for just 13?"

Vet: "Yeah, I only called in 13."

ADHD: "Not only is it extremely unlikely that I miscounted 13 tablets, its also doubly unlikely, seeing how its a scheduled drug, and as such, it also gets counted by the pharmacist."

(pause)

ADHD : "Plus my on-hand is right."

Vet: "Yeah, I kinda thought so. So I'm saying now, no refills. Fluffy needs to get his meds direct from us."

In a way, this was almost funny, but almost as bad as stealing pain medication from a kid.

It's quite pathetic, really.

Poor Fluffy.

No comments: